25 Years and Learning
Since our founding in 1997, Mass Insight has become a national organization that partners with states, districts, schools, and communities across the country to ensure that all students, from kindergarten to high school, have access to high-quality education. In 2021 alone, Mi positively impacted over 5 millions students in nearly 9,000 schools nationwide.
Fifteen years after the publication of Mass Insight’s landmark report, The Turnaround Challenge, we will consider what’s been learned to ensure excellence and equity for our students. Join Mi’s President & CEO Dr. Susan Lusi and a panel of national experts for a discussion about what’s worked and what needs to change to achieve equity for our nation’s systemically marginalized students. Following our panel discussion and Q&A, network with the panelists and other attendees.
- Dr. Andrés Alonso – Former Professor of Practice, Harvard Graduate School of Education; past CEO, Baltimore City Public Schools
- Andrew Calkins – Co-Director, Next Gen Learning Challenges; co-author of The Turnaround Challenge
- Dr. Tammy Campbell – CEO, The Scholar First; former Superintendent, Federal Way Public Schools (WA)
- Kaya Henderson – CEO, Reconstruction; co-host of Pod Save the People; former Chancellor of DC Public Schools
- Dr. Gary T. Henry – Dean, University of Delaware’s College of Education and Human Development
- Rob Jentsch – Vice President of Programs and Strategy, Mass Insight Education & Research
- Dr. David B. Smith – Superintendent, Evansville-Vanderburgh School Corporation
Date: Tuesday, April 12, 2022
Location: College of the Holy Cross
Mi is proud to hold this annual celebration honoring Advanced Placement® (AP) STEM and English teachers from across Massachusetts who have made a significant impact increasing academic opportunities for underserved students.
To view our digital program book, click here.
Dates: July 18 – 22 and July 25 – 29
Location: Bridgewater State University
Click here for more information and registration
Mass Insight will host over 500 teachers from around the globe for our renown program offering the most thorough learning available for AP educators. One participant called Mi’s APSI “the best of my over twenty-year teaching career.”
- Kimberly N. Ellison-Taylor – CEO, KET Solutions LLC.
- Gary Evee – CEO, Evee Security Consulting and Mi Board Chair
- Ted Beneski – CEO, Insight Equity
- Rick Burnes – Founder, Charles River Ventures
- Mike Contompasis – Former Superintendent, Boston Public Schools
- Michael Douvadjian – Senior Vice President, Morgan Stanley
- Amanda Fernandez – CEO, Latinos for Education
- Deborah Jackson – President, Cambridge College
- Abilash Jaikumar – Co-Founder & Managing Director, TresVista
- Sorie Kaba – Partner, AAFCPAs
- Rich Kerr – Partner, K&L Gates
- Anil Khurana – Retired Partner & Global Leader, PwC Strategy&
- Roque Martin – CEO, Aras Corporation
- Margery L. Piercey – CFO/COO, Mi
- George Sargent – CEO, Arnold Worldwide
- Pat Sullivan – Senior Executive Vice-President, M&T Bank
- Jane Swift – President & Executive Director, LearnLaunch
- Jeff Terry – Principal, Rasky Partners, Inc.
- Marty Walz – Principal, Marty Walz and Associates
- Accelerate Student Opportunity in Advanced Placement
- Accelerate and Redesign Equitable Education Systems
- Accelerate Impact in Equity-Focused Work
We’re seeking partners who care about this work and its impact on systemically marginalized students as much as we do and invite you to join us as a champion of this effort.
To learn how you or your organization can partner with us in these important areas, contact Deputy Director of Advancement Sam Pipp at email@example.com or (857) 315-5249.