Multiple positions available
Location: Position Boston-based; significant travel required
Timeline: Hiring will occur as engagements are received
Job types: All positions can be long term or fixed term with full time benefits for the duration of the engagement and STG needs going forward. Our consulting engagements are typically for 9-12 months.
We work at the intersection of school systems and entrepreneurship striving to create a radical new delivery model for public education. In 2007 Mass Insight Education and Research Institute (Mass Insight) published The Turnaround Challenge. That report - which U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan recently called “the bible of school turnaround” - provided an ambitious framework for approaching the devastating problem of chronically failing schools, namely by creating Partnership Zones. These carve-out Zones are an in-district strategy for turnaround, characterized by flexible operating conditions and strong Lead Partner organizations.
Mass Insight recently launched The School Turnaround Group (STG) to prove that Partnership Zones can work to turn around failing schools at scale.
We are seeking talented, highly motivated individuals to play a key role in our field work. The STG Program Manager will be responsible for supporting the field work and client service objectives of the STG. The Program Manager will be an integral member of the turnaround team, expected to take on major responsibilities quickly and play a significant role in implementing this high-profile innovative new strategy for reforming our country’s lowest performing schools.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Develop expertise on the Mass Insight framework as well as own content leadership in a number of focused areas in the broader school turnaround space
• Project manage sub-projects of larger consulting engagements with states and districts
• Execute research and analysis, develop communications documents, and provide thought leadership for major projects for our various clients (primarily state and local educational agencies)
• Develop materials to codify and communicate results and recommendations for clients
• Provide implementation support for clients including on boarding/leadership development, development of processes and systems, etc.
• Manage key client relationships
• Exceptional research and analytical abilities
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Ability to interact professionally with a diverse range of clients and partners
• Strong design and presentation building skills, including PowerPoint expertise
• Ability to ramp up on new material extremely quickly and work in an independent and self-motivated manner
• Desire to work in the dynamic conditions of a start-up environment
• Substantial understanding of national education policy issues
• Passion for urban education reform and unwavering belief that all children deserve an outstanding education
The Program Manager should have 4+ years experience. Applicants are encouraged from a diverse range of fields including education, non-profit, management consulting, and investment banking.
To apply, please email a copy of your resume and letter of interest to Michele St. Laurent, HR Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.