In the 2016-2017 school year:
- MIE is partnering with more than 75 middle and high schools throughout Massachusetts to serve more than 10,000 students.
- Nearly 500 teachers attended MIE’s expanded two-week Summer Institute in July and August 2016.
- Nearly 500 teachers are expected to attend MIE’s two-day workshops on math, science and English in October 2016.
- MIE is holding more than 50 College Success Kick-off events at high schools throughout Massachusetts this fall to recognize students’ commitment to challenging AP work;
- MIE is holding more than 100 half-day Saturday Study Sessions this year, providing students with significantly more time to engage in AP coursework.
Of the College Success program’s 23,000 students who graduated from high school since 2008-2009, 78% have gone on to attend college.
- Of those students, 90% have persisted through two years of college; 81% have either graduated from college or are on track to graduate.
- Of those students who are students of color, 88% have persisted through two years of college; 78% have either graduated from college or are on track to graduate.
Nationally, only 56% of students attending four-year colleges actually graduate within six years.