- MIE is partnering with more than 75 middle and high schools throughout Massachusetts to serve more than 10,000 students.
- 600+ teachers attended MIE’s expanded two-week Summer Institute in July 2015.
- 600+ teachers attended workshops MIE’s two-day workshops on math, science and English in October 2015.
- MIE held College Success Kick-off Events at 51 high schools to recognize students’ commitment to challenging AP work;
- MIE held more than than 130 half-day Saturday Study Sessions, providing an average of 180 students per session with significantly more time to engage in AP coursework.
Of the College Success program’s 23,000 students who graduated from high school, 78% have gone on to attend college.
- For all students: 90% persist through two years of college; 81% have either graduated from college or are on track to graduate.
- For students of color: 88% persist through two years of college; 78% have either graduated from college or are on track to graduate.
Nationally, only 56% of students attending four-year colleges actually graduate within six years.