- MIE is partnering with more than 75 middle and high schools throughout Massachusetts to serve more than 10,000 students.
- 600+ teachers attended MIE’s expanded two-week Summer Institute in July.
- 600+ teachers attended workshops MIE’s two-day workshops on math, science and English in October.
- MIE held College Success Kick-off Events at 51 high schools to recognize students’ commitment to challenging AP work;
- MIE is organizing more than than 130 half-day Saturday Study Sessions, providing an average of 180 students per session with significantly more time to engage in AP coursework.
Of the College Success program’s 9,000 students who graduated from high school between 2009 and 2012:
- 81% enrolled in a two- or four-year college within 16 months of graduating high school.
- 92% of the students enrolled have persisted in college.
- Most importantly, 90% of low-income students are persisting in college.