We have an incredibly talented and dedicated team of educators, school leaders, consultants, program managers, and non-profit executives who comprise Mass Insight’s leadership and staff.
Mass Insight Education and Research
Mass Insight provides leadership in closing achievement and opportunity gaps for underserved students by focusing on system transformation and student academic success. We seek to dramatically improve student achievement at scale by transforming state and local education systems, structures, and policies. We also work directly with schools and districts to develop, implement and assess plans to improve school and district performance. Mass Insight organizes its work around our theory of action for improving schools:
If we ensure that all schools have:
- Sufficient school-level control over people, time, money and program to address the root causes of low performance;
- Coherent, evidence-based, actionable improvement plans that address the root causes of low performance, informed by a review of existing conditions with input from school, district, and community stakeholders;
- A principal who can manage and communicate complexity while maintaining focus on the school’s vision and key priorities;
- Processes and systems help teachers work together to constantly improve and refine standards-based instructional practice, ensuring students engage in rigorous and applied learning tasks;
- A faculty and staff that create collective responsibility for both the quality of instruction and student learning and success;
- Consistent processes for using data to measure both plan implementation and outcomes to determine what’s working and inform efforts to improve; and
- Partnerships that help the school meet the multiple needs of teachers and students;
Then schools will dramatically improve and student learning will increase.
Current openings at Mass Insight:
Content Director for Advanced Placement (AP) Science
Mass Insight seeks a full-time AP Content Director for Science to join our AP team. This position is based in Massachusetts and is available immediately. The Content Director for Science will report to the Director of Academics and should expect regular travel to Mass Insight schools/districts and national client sites.
The primary focus of this position will be to oversee high quality implementation of Mass Insight’s AP Science programmatic offerings; increase the number and diversity of high school students taking Science courses, increasing qualifying scores in Massachusetts high schools, and possibly in other sites where Mass Insight has national engagements. Over time, this person will also be engaged in building AP and academic rigor into a broader strategy for school improvement consistent with Mass Insight’s theory of action.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Support high school educators and administrators to increase AP Science enrollment and results
• Support the increased effectiveness of AP teachers through coaching, modeling classes, curriculum alignment support, planning course of study (syllabus), and assisting in lesson planning
• Leverage content expertise to create rich training materials, conceptualize meaningful interactive learning experiences, and facilitate coaching and planning sessions for AP teachers.
• Build, manage and support strong relationships with teachers, administrators and students
• Support the coordination, planning and delivery of an annual 2-day regional AP Science conference
• Support the coordination, planning and delivery of an annual 2-week AP summer institute (APSI), in conjunction with Mass Insight’s Operations and Management Team
• Work directly with students enrolled in AP Science classes through tutoring, in-class visits, after school sessions, and Saturday Study Sessions
• Support with the coordination, preparation, scheduling, and reporting of Saturday Student Sessions
• Provide quality assurance and support to AP presenters at conferences, workshops, and Saturday Student Sessions
• Support the organization implementations of Science mock exams, and study results with participants and teachers
• Analyze school-specific AP exam data in July of each year and create a dashboard of disaggregated results for distribution to school and district leaders
• Support Mass Insight’s efforts to secure funding for program services
• Work collaboratively with colleagues in AP and throughout Mass Insight to continuously improve and enhance our work for students and their teachers
• Act as an engaged and valuable thought partner to our member schools and districts to identify and propose systemic solutions to barriers that stand in the way of increasing student participation and performance in AP courses particularly among underserved populations.
• Engage in Mass Insight AP program continuous improvement efforts by reflecting, revising, and proposing new strategies and approaches to increase Mass Insight’s impact on increasing student participation and performance in AP based on qualitative and quantitative data.
• Bachelor’s degree in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Environmental Science, or related content area
• Strong data analysis and computer skills
• Minimum five years of teaching an AP Science course.
• Experience developing and/or facilitating professional development events
• Strong verbal and written communication skills,
• Ability to build deep and meaningful relationships with others
• Demonstrated ability to provide teachers with effective professional development, coaching, and mentoring
• Strategic thinking and ability to see and leverage connections between multiple systems and structures within a school
• Ability to maintain a focus on programmatic and organizational goals in the midst of multiple priorities and dynamic work and landscape demands.
• Positive, flexible and problem-solving attitude
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email Katherine Kilday at email@example.com with your resume and letter of intent.
We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified. We believe that we have a responsibility to recruit, retain and develop a diverse and talented staff.
If you would like more information about joining our team, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
We appreciate your interest in Mass Insight.