We have an incredibly talented and dedicated team of educators, school leaders, consultants, program managers, and non-profit executives who comprise Mass Insight’s leadership and staff.
About Mass Insight Education & Research
Mass Insight Education & Research is a Boston-based nonprofit serving schools and districts nationwide. Our mission is to provide leadership in closing achievement and opportunity gaps for underserved students by focusing on system transformation and student academic success. Mass Insight is a leader in education reform, providing academic programs, research, and strategic consulting services across the United States. We take a design-based approach to implementing our theory of action by building networks, coherence, and capacity in order to make learning rigorous for all students.
We seek to dramatically improve student achievement at scale by transforming state and local education systems, structures, and policies. We also work directly with schools and districts to develop, implement and assess plans to improve school and district performance. Mi organizes its work around our theory of action for improving schools:
IF schools have:
- Focus on Instruction: Processes and supports that help teachers work together to constantly improve and refine standards-based instructional practice so that students can engage in deep learning tasks;
- Collective Responsibility: The school faculty and staff ensure there is collective responsibility for both the quality of instruction and student learning and success;
- Planning: Evidence-based, actionable improvement plans that address the root causes of low performance informed by a review of existing conditions and input from school, district, and community stakeholders;
- Performance Management: Consistent processes for using data to measure both implementation and outcomes to determine what’s working and inform efforts to improve;
- Leadership: A principal who can manage and communicate complexity while maintaining focus on the school’s vision and key priorities;
- Conditions: Sufficient school-level control over people, time, money, and program to address the root causes of low performance; and
- Partnerships: Partnerships that help the school meet the multiple needs of teachers and students,
THEN schools will dramatically improve, and student learning will increase.
Director of Research and Impact (description here)
How to Apply
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include in your correspondence in which position you are interested. We look forward to hearing from you!
Mi is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. Mi does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law.
We encourage applicants of diverse backgrounds to apply for any open position in which they feel qualified. We believe that we have a responsibility to recruit, retain and develop a diverse and talented staff.