!!! VIRTUAL/ONLINE !!!
UPDATE: the safety of our teachers, administrators, and colleagues remain our highest priority. Our Fall Workshop will now be 100% online/virtual with NEW REDUCED WORKSHOP RATES. PDPs ARE STILL AVAILABLE FOR ELIGIBLE COURSES! Please contact us at MIEAP@MASSINSIGHT.ORG if you have any questions. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you virtually this Fall!
About the 2020 Fall Workshop for AP® Teachers (VIRTUAL)
The Fall Workshop for AP Teachers offers six evenings*** of engaging sessions and topics for Advanced Placement® teachers* of the following courses: Biology, Calculus AB & BC, CAPSTONE™ (AP Seminar and AP Research), Chemistry, Computer Science, English Language & Composition, English Literature & Composition, Environmental Science, Physics, and Statistics. Participants will engage in collaborative discussion and gain valuable teaching methods instrumental to successfully running their AP course.
***CAPSTONE: The AP Seminar and AP Research sessions are condensed and offered over three evenings (versus six) and hosted by experienced AP Capstone instructors.
The Workshop takes place over the course of SIX EVENINGS in November 2020. For six fantastic evenings, participants can “choose their own adventure” and pick the sessions they would like to attend!
Dates and Times
The Workshop takes place over the course of SIX EVENINGS:
- Day 1: Monday, November 9, 2020
- Day 2: Tuesday, November 10, 2020
- Day 3: Thursday, November 12, 2020
- Day 4: Friday, November 13, 2020
- Day 5: Tuesday, November 17, 2020
- Day 6: Wednesday, November 18, 2020
A robust combination of different 90-minute Sessions and Topics are offered concurrently during TWO TIME SLOTS on most evenings:
- 5:15 PM – 6:45 PM (eastern)
- 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM (eastern)
Several Sessions and Topics (but not all) are repeated on other days, allowing participants to “choose their own adventure” based on their personal schedule and preference. For detailed Session Schedules and Session Descriptions, please see below.
To register, click here: 2020 Fall Workshop Registration
Note: Several Sessions and Topics (but not all) are repeated on other days, allowing participants to “choose their own adventure” based on their personal schedule and preference. For detailed Session Schedules and Session Descriptions, please see below.
The Registration Fee includes:
- FULL ACCESS TO ALL the Sessions and Topics available for your registered subject
- FREE AND PRIORITY access to a separate upcoming Mi workshop in December, in partnership with Marco Learning, that will include live online instruction reviewing remote instruction and remote learning best practices. Marco Learning was founded by a team of experts at the Princeton Review, and is committed to providing the best, most complete resources, and courses for both AP students and their teachers
- FREE E-BOOK(s) donated by Mi partner publishers for all workshop participants (TBD)
- RAFFLE DRAWING for a FREE Texas Instruments (TI) calculator for Math and Science workshop participants
Sessions/Topics and Instructors
For detailed Session Schedules and Session Descriptions, please see below and click on the link for your subject:
- AP Biology: AP BIO — Schedule & Session Descriptions v3
- AP Calculus: AP CALC — Schedule & Session Descriptions v1
- AP Capstone Research: AP CAPSTONE — Schedule & Session Descriptions v2
- AP Capstone Seminar: AP CAPSTONE — Schedule & Session Descriptions v2
- AP Chemistry: AP CHEM — Schedule & Session Descriptions v2
- AP Computer Science A: AP COMP. SCI. — Schedule & Session Descriptions v2
- AP Computer Science Principles: AP COMP. SCI. — Schedule & Session Descriptions v2
- AP English Language & Composition: AP LANG — Schedule & Session Descriptions v2
- AP English Literature & Composition: AP LIT — Schedule & Session Descriptions v2
- AP Environmental Science: AP ENV. SCI. — Schedule & Session Descriptions v1
- AP Physics: AP PHYS — Schedule & Session Descriptions v1
- AP Statistics: AP STATS — Schedule & Session Descriptions v1
*Teacher Category determines the Registration Fee:
- Mass Insight AP Core Program Teachers: there are no registration fees for Core Program teachers who are teaching at least one AP math, science, or English course during school year 2020-21. For these eligible Mi teachers, there is no cost to attend for an AP math, science, or English course
- Mi Sustaining Partnership Program (SPP) Teachers: please refer to the Registration Fees information on the registration website for cost to attend. Teachers from a SPP school may have their attendance funded through a school/district partnership with Mi and should confirm with school administrators before registering. A discount may apply depending on the school/district partnership with Mi
- CAPSTONE/Non-Mi/Other Teachers: please refer to the Registration Fees information on the registration website for cost to attend. These are teachers from schools not participating nor affiliated with any of the Mi programs
Advanced Placement®, AP®, Pre-AP®, and Capstone™ are registered trademarks of the College Board, which was not involved in the production of, and does not endorse, this product or Workshop.
Since 2008, Mass Insight has trained over 12,000 teachers! Register today and join an exciting workshop filled with engaging discussion around content pedagogy, connect with peers and nationally recognized content experts, and participate in one of the largest Professional Development programs in the Region! PDPs are available for eligible courses! Spots are limited, so register today!
Please visit the main page on the registration website or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Looking for our IRS Form W9 to process a Purchase Order or Invoice? Click here: Mi Form W9.
Your workshops – including the Summer Institute – were definitely the highlight for my teaching and learning experiences in Boston Public Schools.
Mass Insight has been the best professional development that the city offers. The value that they lend to my pedagogy and children's education is imperative.